Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 2, 2012 at 2:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 14:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.47 meters/second, 1510.1 km/hour, 938.3 miles/hour or 815.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.9"||938.01 mi||West||0° 00' 38.1"||0.73 mi||South||938.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 41.8"||752.68 mi||East||0° 41' 55.1"||48.06 mi||South||755.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Fri 3:20 AM||817 km||507 miles||441 nm||N|
|Wake Island||Sat 2:20 AM||1779 km||1105 miles||960 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Fri 4:20 AM||1929 km||1198 miles||1041 nm||E|
|Majuro||Sat 2:20 AM||2014 km||1252 miles||1088 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 2:20 AM||2290 km||1423 miles||1236 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sat 2:20 AM||2442 km||1517 miles||1318 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:20 AM||2954 km||1835 miles||1595 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Sat 2:20 AM||2985 km||1855 miles||1612 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sat 1:20 AM||3144 km||1953 miles||1697 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 2:20 AM||3288 km||2043 miles||1776 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.