Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 2, 2012 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.54 meters/second, 1510.4 km/hour, 938.5 miles/hour or 815.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.8"||0.02 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.1"||938.18 mi||West||0° 00' 51.4"||0.98 mi||South||938.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 19.9"||752.43 mi||East||0° 47' 08.3"||54.05 mi||South||756.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 2:36 AM||816 km||507 miles||440 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Sat 2:36 AM||1032 km||641 miles||557 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sat 4:36 AM||1679 km||1043 miles||906 nm||E|
|Palikir||Sat 3:36 AM||1741 km||1082 miles||940 nm||SSE|
|Kawasaki||Sat 1:36 AM||1947 km||1210 miles||1051 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Sat 1:36 AM||1947 km||1210 miles||1051 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sat 1:36 AM||1962 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Sat 1:36 AM||1968 km||1223 miles||1063 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sat 1:36 AM||1974 km||1227 miles||1066 nm||NW|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 1:36 AM||1991 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.