Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 2, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.59 meters/second, 1510.5 km/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||west||0° 00' 00.9"||0.02 mi||south||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.3"||938.27 mi||west||0° 00' 57.2"||1.10 mi||south||938.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 09.3"||752.31 mi||east||0° 49' 28.5"||56.73 mi||south||756.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Sat 3:36 AM||1246 km||774 miles||673 nm||SE|
|Kagoshima||Sat 2:36 AM||1303 km||810 miles||704 nm||NNW|
|Kumamoto||Sat 2:36 AM||1420 km||883 miles||767 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Sat 2:36 AM||1484 km||922 miles||801 nm||S|
|Fukuoka||Sat 2:36 AM||1520 km||945 miles||821 nm||NNW|
|Kitakyushu||Sat 2:36 AM||1527 km||949 miles||824 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Sat 2:36 AM||1531 km||952 miles||827 nm||N|
|Kobe||Sat 2:36 AM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||N|
|Taipei||Sat 1:36 AM||1545 km||960 miles||834 nm||WNW|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 2:36 AM||1546 km||961 miles||835 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.