Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 2, 2012 at 5:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.59 meters/second, 1510.5 km/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.9"||0.02 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.2"||938.27 mi||West||0° 00' 57.1"||1.09 mi||South||938.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 09.4"||752.31 mi||East||0° 49' 26.0"||56.68 mi||South||756.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Sat 3:36 AM||1224 km||761 miles||661 nm||SE|
|Kagoshima||Sat 2:36 AM||1315 km||817 miles||710 nm||NNW|
|Kumamoto||Sat 2:36 AM||1430 km||889 miles||772 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Sat 2:36 AM||1487 km||924 miles||803 nm||S|
|Fukuoka||Sat 2:36 AM||1522 km||946 miles||822 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Sat 2:36 AM||1534 km||953 miles||828 nm||N|
|Kitakyushu||Sat 2:36 AM||1536 km||954 miles||829 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Sat 2:36 AM||1537 km||955 miles||830 nm||N|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 2:36 AM||1543 km||959 miles||833 nm||N|
|Kyoto||Sat 2:36 AM||1570 km||976 miles||848 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.