Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 2, 2012 at 6:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.63 meters/second, 1510.7 km/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.5"||938.37 mi||West||0° 01' 03.0"||1.20 mi||South||938.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 58.4"||752.19 mi||East||0° 51' 43.7"||59.31 mi||South||756.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Sat 2:36 AM||275 km||171 miles||148 nm||NNW|
|Taichung||Sat 2:36 AM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||NNW|
|Hsinchu||Sat 2:36 AM||445 km||277 miles||240 nm||N|
|Taoyuan City||Sat 2:36 AM||461 km||287 miles||249 nm||N|
|Taipei||Sat 2:36 AM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||N|
|Xiamen||Sat 2:36 AM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||NW|
|Shantou||Sat 2:36 AM||584 km||363 miles||316 nm||WNW|
|Tarlac City||Sat 2:36 AM||603 km||375 miles||325 nm||S|
|Foochow||Sat 2:36 AM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||NNW|
|Mabalacat||Sat 2:36 AM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.