Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 2, 2012 at 7:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 19:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.67 meters/second, 1510.8 kilometres/hour, 938.8 miles/hour or 815.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.7"||938.45 mi||West||0° 01' 07.2"||1.29 mi||South||938.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 50.1"||752.10 mi||East||0° 53' 24.5"||61.23 mi||South||756.77 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Zhanjiang||Sat 3:20 AM||84 km||52 miles||45 nm||NW|
|Haikou||Sat 3:20 AM||111 km||69 miles||60 nm||SW|
|Macau||Sat 3:20 AM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||ENE|
|Foshan||Sat 3:20 AM||327 km||203 miles||177 nm||NE|
|Guangzhou||Sat 3:20 AM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||NE|
|Nanning||Sat 3:20 AM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||NW|
|Hong Kong||Sat 3:20 AM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||ENE|
|Shenzhen||Sat 3:20 AM||368 km||229 miles||199 nm||ENE|
|Kowloon||Sat 3:20 AM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||ENE|
|Hai Phong||Sat 2:20 AM||450 km||280 miles||243 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.