Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 2, 2012 at 11:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 23:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.93 meters/second, 1511.7 kilometres/hour, 939.4 miles/hour or 816.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.9"||939.04 mi||West||0° 01' 32.0"||1.76 mi||South||939.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 56.3"||751.59 mi||East||1° 03' 08.4"||72.39 mi||South||757.62 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Riyadh||Sat 2:36 AM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||NNW|
|Hofuf||Sat 2:36 AM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||N|
|Doha||Sat 2:36 AM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||NNE|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Sat 2:36 AM||579 km||360 miles||313 nm||NNE|
|Al Khor||Sat 2:36 AM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||NNE|
|Riffa||Sat 2:36 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||NNE|
|Manama||Sat 2:36 AM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||NNE|
|Dammam||Sat 2:36 AM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||N|
|Qatif||Sat 2:36 AM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||N|
|Salalah||Sat 3:36 AM||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.