Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 1:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 01:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.05 meters/second, 1512.2 kilometres/hour, 939.6 miles/hour or 816.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.4"||939.30 mi||West||0° 01' 41.0"||1.93 mi||South||939.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 34.5"||751.40 mi||East||1° 06' 41.7"||76.47 mi||South||757.96 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kufra||Sat 3:10 AM||499 km||310 miles||270 nm||NW|
|Fada||Sat 2:10 AM||634 km||394 miles||342 nm||SW|
|Kharga Oasis||Sat 3:10 AM||680 km||423 miles||367 nm||NE|
|Aswan||Sat 3:10 AM||773 km||480 miles||417 nm||ENE|
|Faya-Largeau||Sat 2:10 AM||820 km||510 miles||443 nm||WSW|
|Khartoum||Sat 4:10 AM||864 km||537 miles||466 nm||SE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Sat 4:10 AM||927 km||576 miles||501 nm||SSE|
|Siwa Oasis||Sat 3:10 AM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||N|
|Abéché||Sat 2:10 AM||958 km||596 miles||517 nm||SW|
|Cairo||Sat 3:10 AM||1147 km||713 miles||619 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.