Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 1:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 01:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.06 meters/second, 1512.2 km/hour, 939.6 miles/hour or 816.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.4"||939.33 mi||West||0° 01' 42.0"||1.95 mi||South||939.42 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 32.2"||751.38 mi||East||1° 07' 04.5"||76.90 mi||South||758.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kufra||Sat 3:20 AM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||N|
|Fada||Sat 2:20 AM||459 km||285 miles||248 nm||SSW|
|Faya-Largeau||Sat 2:20 AM||592 km||368 miles||319 nm||WSW|
|Abéché||Sat 2:20 AM||826 km||514 miles||446 nm||SSW|
|Siwa Oasis||Sat 3:20 AM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||N|
|Aswan||Sat 3:20 AM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||ENE|
|Khartoum||Sat 4:20 AM||1071 km||665 miles||578 nm||ESE|
|Cairo||Sat 3:20 AM||1271 km||790 miles||686 nm||NNE|
|Alexandria||Sat 3:20 AM||1312 km||816 miles||709 nm||NNE|
|Ndjamena||Sat 2:20 AM||1340 km||833 miles||724 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.