Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 2:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 02:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.14 meters/second, 1512.5 kilometres/hour, 939.8 miles/hour or 816.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.8"||939.51 mi||West||0° 01' 47.9"||2.06 mi||South||939.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 17.6"||751.26 mi||East||1° 09' 20.2"||79.49 mi||South||758.23 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Sat 3:20 AM||300 km||186 miles||162 nm||SW|
|Agadez||Sat 3:20 AM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||SSW|
|Tamanrasset||Sat 3:20 AM||466 km||290 miles||252 nm||WNW|
|Zinder||Sat 3:20 AM||759 km||472 miles||410 nm||S|
|Maradi||Sat 3:20 AM||830 km||516 miles||448 nm||SSW|
|Sabha||Sat 4:20 AM||872 km||542 miles||471 nm||NE|
|Kano||Sat 3:20 AM||964 km||599 miles||520 nm||S|
|Niamey||Sat 3:20 AM||1108 km||688 miles||598 nm||SW|
|Ndjamena||Sat 3:20 AM||1122 km||697 miles||606 nm||SSE|
|Abuja||Sat 3:20 AM||1299 km||807 miles||701 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.