Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 6:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 06:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.54 meters/second, 1513.9 km/hour, 940.7 miles/hour or 817.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.8"||940.40 mi||West||0° 02' 12.3"||2.53 mi||South||940.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 11.2"||750.75 mi||East||1° 18' 56.2"||90.50 mi||South||759.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sat 2:36 AM||1052 km||654 miles||568 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sat 2:36 AM||1094 km||680 miles||591 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sat 2:36 AM||1102 km||685 miles||595 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Sat 2:36 AM||1116 km||693 miles||602 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Sat 2:36 AM||1119 km||695 miles||604 nm||SW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sat 2:36 AM||1132 km||703 miles||611 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sat 2:36 AM||1153 km||716 miles||622 nm||SW|
|Kingstown||Sat 2:36 AM||1234 km||767 miles||666 nm||SW|
|Saint George's||Sat 2:36 AM||1360 km||845 miles||734 nm||SW|
|San Juan||Sat 2:36 AM||1444 km||898 miles||780 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.