Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 7:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 07:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.61 meters/second, 1514.2 km/hour, 940.9 miles/hour or 817.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.1"||940.57 mi||West||0° 02' 16.6"||2.61 mi||South||940.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 59.1"||750.66 mi||East||1° 20' 34.7"||92.38 mi||South||759.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Valley||Sat 3:20 AM||252 km||156 miles||136 nm||S|
|Spanish Town||Sat 3:20 AM||262 km||163 miles||142 nm||SSW|
|Marigot||Sat 3:20 AM||269 km||167 miles||145 nm||S|
|Road Town||Sat 3:20 AM||275 km||171 miles||148 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Sat 3:20 AM||289 km||180 miles||156 nm||S|
|Charlotte Amalie||Sat 3:20 AM||302 km||188 miles||163 nm||SW|
|Christiansted||Sat 3:20 AM||344 km||214 miles||186 nm||SSW|
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Sat 3:20 AM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||SSE|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sat 3:20 AM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||S|
|San Juan||Sat 3:20 AM||382 km||238 miles||206 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.