Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 8:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.70 meters/second, 1514.5 km/hour, 941.1 miles/hour or 817.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.5"||940.77 mi||West||0° 02' 21.4"||2.70 mi||South||940.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 45.2"||750.56 mi||East||1° 22' 26.5"||94.51 mi||South||759.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santiago de Cuba *||Sat 4:10 AM||76 km||47 miles||41 nm||SW|
|Holguín *||Sat 4:10 AM||114 km||71 miles||62 nm||WNW|
|Gonaïves *||Sat 4:10 AM||292 km||181 miles||158 nm||ESE|
|Camagüey *||Sat 4:10 AM||294 km||183 miles||159 nm||WNW|
|Kingston||Sat 3:10 AM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||SSW|
|Labadee *||Sat 4:10 AM||324 km||202 miles||175 nm||ESE|
|Cap-Haïtien *||Sat 4:10 AM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||ESE|
|Providenciales *||Sat 4:10 AM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||ENE|
|May Pen||Sat 3:10 AM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||SW|
|Montego Bay||Sat 3:10 AM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.