Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 10:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 10:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.98 meters/second, 1515.5 km/hour, 941.7 miles/hour or 818.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.9"||941.40 mi||West||0° 02' 35.2"||2.97 mi||South||941.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 03.1"||750.28 mi||East||1° 27' 51.3"||100.72 mi||South||760.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan||Sat 3:36 AM||534 km||332 miles||289 nm||NE|
|Puerto Vallarta||Sat 4:36 AM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||E|
|Tepic||Sat 3:36 AM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||ENE|
|Durango||Sat 4:36 AM||733 km||455 miles||396 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara||Sat 4:36 AM||755 km||469 miles||408 nm||E|
|Aguascalientes||Sat 4:36 AM||877 km||545 miles||474 nm||ENE|
|Leon||Sat 4:36 AM||931 km||578 miles||503 nm||E|
|Hermosillo||Sat 3:36 AM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||N|
|San Luis Potosi||Sat 4:36 AM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||ENE|
|Chihuahua||Sat 3:36 AM||1025 km||637 miles||554 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.