Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 11:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 11:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.10 meters/second, 1516.0 km/hour, 942.0 miles/hour or 818.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.5"||941.67 mi||West||0° 02' 40.9"||3.08 mi||South||941.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 45.1"||750.17 mi||East||1° 30' 04.2"||103.26 mi||South||760.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana *||Sat 4:36 AM||1572 km||977 miles||849 nm||NNE|
|San Diego *||Sat 4:36 AM||1584 km||984 miles||855 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles *||Sat 4:36 AM||1665 km||1034 miles||899 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali *||Sat 4:36 AM||1668 km||1036 miles||901 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Sat 4:36 AM||1727 km||1073 miles||932 nm||NE|
|San Jose (USA) *||Sat 4:36 AM||1912 km||1188 miles||1032 nm||N|
|Phoenix||Sat 4:36 AM||1943 km||1208 miles||1049 nm||NE|
|San Francisco *||Sat 4:36 AM||1953 km||1213 miles||1054 nm||N|
|Mazatlan||Sat 4:36 AM||1957 km||1216 miles||1057 nm||ENE|
|Oakland *||Sat 4:36 AM||1957 km||1216 miles||1057 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.