Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 3:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 15:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.63 meters/second, 1517.9 km/hour, 943.2 miles/hour or 819.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.0"||942.86 mi||West||0° 03' 03.5"||3.51 mi||South||943.02 mi|
|24 hours||348° 27' 29.0"||749.74 mi||West||1° 38' 52.1"||113.34 mi||South||762.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Sat 4:36 AM||1071 km||665 miles||578 nm||NNE|
|Wake Island||Sun 3:36 AM||1072 km||666 miles||579 nm||W|
|Majuro||Sun 3:36 AM||1558 km||968 miles||841 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Sun 3:36 AM||2112 km||1312 miles||1140 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 3:36 AM||2323 km||1443 miles||1254 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Sun 2:36 AM||2490 km||1547 miles||1344 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Sun 3:36 AM||2530 km||1572 miles||1366 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Sat 5:36 AM||2637 km||1638 miles||1424 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Sun 3:36 AM||3180 km||1976 miles||1717 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:36 AM||3460 km||2150 miles||1868 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.