Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 4:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 16:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.75 meters/second, 1518.3 km/hour, 943.4 miles/hour or 819.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.4"||943.12 mi||West||0° 03' 08.2"||3.60 mi||South||943.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 14.9"||749.65 mi||East||1° 40' 41.3"||115.43 mi||South||762.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 4:26 AM||219 km||136 miles||118 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Sun 4:26 AM||1607 km||999 miles||868 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Sun 3:26 AM||1621 km||1007 miles||875 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Sat 5:26 AM||2025 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Sun 2:26 AM||2251 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sun 4:26 AM||2253 km||1400 miles||1216 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sun 4:26 AM||2295 km||1426 miles||1239 nm||S|
|Tokyo||Sun 1:26 AM||2996 km||1862 miles||1618 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:26 AM||3006 km||1868 miles||1623 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Sun 3:26 AM||3307 km||2055 miles||1786 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.