Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.77 meters/second, 1518.4 km/hour, 943.5 miles/hour or 819.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.5"||943.17 mi||West||0° 03' 09.1"||3.62 mi||South||943.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 11.7"||749.63 mi||East||1° 41' 03.2"||115.85 mi||South||762.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 4:36 AM||463 km||287 miles||250 nm||E|
|Palikir||Sun 3:36 AM||1524 km||947 miles||823 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sun 4:36 AM||1739 km||1080 miles||939 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Sun 2:36 AM||2008 km||1248 miles||1084 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Sat 5:36 AM||2248 km||1397 miles||1214 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Sun 4:36 AM||2336 km||1452 miles||1261 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Sun 4:36 AM||2369 km||1472 miles||1279 nm||SSE|
|Tokyo||Sun 1:36 AM||2808 km||1745 miles||1516 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:36 AM||3190 km||1982 miles||1723 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Sun 3:36 AM||3274 km||2035 miles||1768 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.