Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 4:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.79 meters/second, 1518.5 km/hour, 943.5 miles/hour or 819.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.8"||943.23 mi||West||0° 03' 10.2"||3.63 mi||South||943.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 08.6"||749.62 mi||East||1° 41' 24.9"||116.26 mi||South||762.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 4:46 AM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||E|
|Palikir||Sun 3:46 AM||1467 km||912 miles||792 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sun 2:46 AM||1771 km||1100 miles||956 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sun 4:46 AM||1897 km||1179 miles||1024 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Sun 4:46 AM||2406 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Sat 5:46 AM||2475 km||1538 miles||1336 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Sun 4:46 AM||2508 km||1559 miles||1354 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Sun 1:46 AM||2621 km||1628 miles||1415 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Sun 1:46 AM||2627 km||1632 miles||1418 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Sun 1:46 AM||3060 km||1901 miles||1652 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.