Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 5:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 17:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.87 meters/second, 1518.7 km/hour, 943.7 miles/hour or 820.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.0"||943.39 mi||West||0° 03' 12.9"||3.69 mi||South||943.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 58.8"||749.57 mi||East||1° 42' 30.4"||117.51 mi||South||762.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 3:16 AM||907 km||563 miles||489 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Sun 3:16 AM||1111 km||690 miles||600 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sun 5:16 AM||1471 km||914 miles||794 nm||E|
|Palikir||Sun 4:16 AM||1570 km||975 miles||848 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Sun 2:16 AM||2135 km||1326 miles||1153 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Sun 2:16 AM||2147 km||1334 miles||1160 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sun 2:16 AM||2279 km||1416 miles||1231 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Sun 2:16 AM||2339 km||1453 miles||1263 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Sun 2:16 AM||2345 km||1457 miles||1266 nm||NW|
|Kobe||Sun 2:16 AM||2362 km||1468 miles||1275 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.