Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 5:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 17:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.89 meters/second, 1518.8 km/hour, 943.7 miles/hour or 820.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.1"||943.45 mi||West||0° 03' 13.8"||3.71 mi||South||943.62 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 55.7"||749.55 mi||East||1° 42' 52.0"||117.93 mi||South||762.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 3:26 AM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Sun 3:26 AM||931 km||578 miles||503 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sun 4:26 AM||1686 km||1047 miles||910 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Sun 5:26 AM||1724 km||1071 miles||931 nm||E|
|Yokohama||Sun 2:26 AM||2002 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sun 2:26 AM||2018 km||1254 miles||1089 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sun 2:26 AM||2126 km||1321 miles||1148 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Sun 2:26 AM||2175 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Sun 2:26 AM||2180 km||1355 miles||1177 nm||SW|
|Kyoto||Sun 2:26 AM||2185 km||1357 miles||1180 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.