Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.92 meters/second, 1518.9 km/hour, 943.8 miles/hour or 820.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.73 mi||west||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||south||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.2"||943.51 mi||west||0° 03' 14.9"||3.73 mi||south||943.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 52.0"||749.53 mi||east||1° 43' 16.3"||118.39 mi||south||762.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 3:36 AM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Sun 3:36 AM||783 km||487 miles||423 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Sun 4:36 AM||1850 km||1150 miles||999 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Sun 2:36 AM||1876 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Sun 2:36 AM||1881 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sun 2:36 AM||1885 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Sun 2:36 AM||1891 km||1175 miles||1021 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sun 2:36 AM||1898 km||1179 miles||1025 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Sun 2:36 AM||1899 km||1180 miles||1025 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Sun 2:36 AM||1965 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.