Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 5:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.92 meters/second, 1518.9 km/hour, 943.8 miles/hour or 820.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.2"||943.50 mi||West||0° 03' 14.8"||3.72 mi||South||943.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 52.4"||749.53 mi||East||1° 43' 13.9"||118.34 mi||South||762.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 3:36 AM||577 km||358 miles||312 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Sun 3:36 AM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Sun 4:36 AM||1832 km||1138 miles||989 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Sun 2:36 AM||1890 km||1175 miles||1021 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Sun 2:36 AM||1892 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sun 2:36 AM||1898 km||1179 miles||1025 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Sun 2:36 AM||1905 km||1184 miles||1028 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sun 2:36 AM||1909 km||1186 miles||1031 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Sun 2:36 AM||1910 km||1187 miles||1031 nm||NNW|
|Wake Island||Sun 5:36 AM||1977 km||1229 miles||1068 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.