Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 5:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 17:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.94 meters/second, 1519.0 km/hour, 943.9 miles/hour or 820.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.4"||943.56 mi||West||0° 03' 15.7"||3.74 mi||South||943.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 49.1"||749.52 mi||East||1° 43' 35.6"||118.76 mi||South||762.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 3:46 AM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sun 3:46 AM||727 km||452 miles||393 nm||S|
|Hamamatsu||Sun 2:46 AM||1793 km||1114 miles||968 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sun 2:46 AM||1795 km||1115 miles||969 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Sun 2:46 AM||1803 km||1120 miles||974 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Sun 2:46 AM||1807 km||1123 miles||976 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Sun 2:46 AM||1807 km||1123 miles||976 nm||SW|
|Sagamihara||Sun 2:46 AM||1821 km||1132 miles||983 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sun 2:46 AM||1824 km||1133 miles||985 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sun 2:46 AM||1874 km||1164 miles||1012 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.