Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 17:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 17:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.97 meters/second, 1519.1 km/hour, 943.9 miles/hour or 820.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.73 mi||west||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||south||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.6"||943.61 mi||west||0° 03' 16.6"||3.76 mi||south||943.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 45.8"||749.50 mi||east||1° 43' 57.3"||119.17 mi||south||762.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 3:56 AM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Sun 3:56 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||SSE|
|Melekeok||Sun 2:56 AM||1651 km||1026 miles||891 nm||SW|
|Hamamatsu||Sun 2:56 AM||1708 km||1061 miles||922 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sun 2:56 AM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Sun 2:56 AM||1742 km||1082 miles||940 nm||N|
|Kawasaki||Sun 2:56 AM||1749 km||1087 miles||945 nm||N|
|Sagamihara||Sun 2:56 AM||1760 km||1094 miles||950 nm||N|
|Tokyo||Sun 2:56 AM||1767 km||1098 miles||954 nm||N|
|Nagoya||Sun 2:56 AM||1782 km||1107 miles||962 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.