Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 5:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 17:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.97 meters/second, 1519.1 km/hour, 943.9 miles/hour or 820.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.6"||943.61 mi||West||0° 03' 16.6"||3.76 mi||South||943.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 45.8"||749.50 mi||East||1° 43' 57.3"||119.17 mi||South||762.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 3:56 AM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Sun 3:56 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||SSE|
|Melekeok||Sun 2:56 AM||1651 km||1026 miles||891 nm||SW|
|Hamamatsu||Sun 2:56 AM||1708 km||1061 miles||922 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sun 2:56 AM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Sun 2:56 AM||1744 km||1083 miles||941 nm||N|
|Kawasaki||Sun 2:56 AM||1749 km||1087 miles||945 nm||N|
|Sagamihara||Sun 2:56 AM||1760 km||1094 miles||950 nm||N|
|Tokyo||Sun 2:56 AM||1767 km||1098 miles||954 nm||N|
|Nagoya||Sun 2:56 AM||1782 km||1107 miles||962 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.