Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 6:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.07 meters/second, 1519.4 kilometres/hour, 944.1 miles/hour or 820.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||South||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.9"||943.84 mi||West||0° 03' 20.4"||3.83 mi||South||944.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 32.8"||749.44 mi||East||1° 45' 24.2"||120.83 mi||South||763.10 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kagoshima||Sun 3:36 AM||1315 km||817 miles||710 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Sun 2:36 AM||1334 km||829 miles||721 nm||WNW|
|Melekeok||Sun 3:36 AM||1388 km||862 miles||749 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sun 4:36 AM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||ESE|
|Quezon||Sun 2:36 AM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Sun 2:36 AM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||WSW|
|Kumamoto||Sun 3:36 AM||1444 km||897 miles||780 nm||N|
|Fukuoka||Sun 3:36 AM||1536 km||954 miles||829 nm||N|
|Kitakyushu||Sun 3:36 AM||1559 km||968 miles||842 nm||N|
|Kobe||Sun 3:36 AM||1642 km||1020 miles||887 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.