Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 6:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 18:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.09 meters/second, 1519.5 km/hour, 944.2 miles/hour or 820.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||South||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 02.1"||943.90 mi||West||0° 03' 21.3"||3.85 mi||South||944.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 29.4"||749.42 mi||East||1° 45' 45.8"||121.24 mi||South||763.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taipei||Sun 2:46 AM||1115 km||693 miles||602 nm||WNW|
|Quezon||Sun 2:46 AM||1193 km||742 miles||644 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Sun 2:46 AM||1207 km||750 miles||652 nm||WSW|
|Kagoshima||Sun 3:46 AM||1288 km||800 miles||695 nm||N|
|Foochow||Sun 2:46 AM||1364 km||848 miles||737 nm||WNW|
|Xiamen||Sun 2:46 AM||1408 km||875 miles||760 nm||WNW|
|Kumamoto||Sun 3:46 AM||1423 km||884 miles||768 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Sun 3:46 AM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||SSE|
|Fukuoka||Sun 3:46 AM||1510 km||939 miles||816 nm||N|
|Shantou||Sun 2:46 AM||1515 km||941 miles||818 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.