Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 7:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 19:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.22 meters/second, 1520.0 km/hour, 944.5 miles/hour or 820.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||South||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 02.7"||944.18 mi||West||0° 03' 26.0"||3.94 mi||South||944.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 13.0"||749.34 mi||East||1° 47' 34.0"||123.31 mi||South||763.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Sun 3:36 AM||388 km||241 miles||210 nm||NNE|
|Baguio City||Sun 3:36 AM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||SSE|
|Shantou||Sun 3:36 AM||438 km||272 miles||237 nm||NNW|
|Xiamen||Sun 3:36 AM||508 km||315 miles||274 nm||N|
|Taichung||Sun 3:36 AM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||NNE|
|Tarlac City||Sun 3:36 AM||527 km||328 miles||285 nm||SSE|
|Kowloon||Sun 3:36 AM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||WNW|
|Hong Kong||Sun 3:36 AM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||WNW|
|Mabalacat||Sun 3:36 AM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||SSE|
|Angeles||Sun 3:36 AM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.