Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 8:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 20:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.31 meters/second, 1520.3 km/hour, 944.7 miles/hour or 820.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.07 mi||South||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.0"||944.38 mi||West||0° 03' 29.1"||4.00 mi||South||944.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 01.6"||749.29 mi||East||1° 48' 47.5"||124.71 mi||South||763.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Haikou||Sun 4:10 AM||27 km||17 miles||15 nm||NW|
|Nanning||Sun 4:10 AM||398 km||248 miles||215 nm||NW|
|Macau||Sun 4:10 AM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||NE|
|Hai Phong||Sun 3:10 AM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||WNW|
|Foshan||Sun 4:10 AM||438 km||272 miles||237 nm||NE|
|Guangzhou||Sun 4:10 AM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||NE|
|Hong Kong||Sun 4:10 AM||464 km||288 miles||250 nm||NE|
|Shenzhen||Sun 4:10 AM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||NE|
|Kowloon||Sun 4:10 AM||471 km||293 miles||254 nm||NE|
|Da Nang||Sun 3:10 AM||488 km||303 miles||264 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.