Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 5:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 05:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.99 meters/second, 1526.4 km/hour, 948.4 miles/hour or 824.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||South||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.6"||948.17 mi||West||0° 04' 22.0"||5.01 mi||South||948.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 44.0"||748.59 mi||East||2° 09' 09.9"||148.06 mi||South||767.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Sun 4:46 AM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||ESE|
|Santa Maria||Sun 4:46 AM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||ESE|
|Praia||Sun 4:46 AM||744 km||462 miles||402 nm||SE|
|Dakar||Sun 5:46 AM||1316 km||818 miles||711 nm||ESE|
|Nouakchott||Sun 5:46 AM||1362 km||847 miles||736 nm||E|
|Banjul||Sun 5:46 AM||1459 km||906 miles||788 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Sun 5:46 AM||1640 km||1019 miles||885 nm||ESE|
|El Aaiún||Sun 5:46 AM||1822 km||1132 miles||984 nm||ENE|
|Conakry||Sun 5:46 AM||1954 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||ESE|
|Freetown||Sun 5:46 AM||2063 km||1282 miles||1114 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.