Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 7:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 07:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.27 meters/second, 1527.4 km/hour, 949.1 miles/hour or 824.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||South||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 11.8"||948.78 mi||West||0° 04' 29.7"||5.15 mi||South||949.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 14.7"||748.53 mi||East||2° 12' 04.8"||151.39 mi||South||768.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Sun 3:10 AM||1303 km||810 miles||704 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 3:10 AM||1360 km||845 miles||735 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 3:10 AM||1365 km||848 miles||737 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sun 3:10 AM||1368 km||850 miles||739 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 3:10 AM||1379 km||857 miles||744 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Sun 3:10 AM||1384 km||860 miles||747 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 3:10 AM||1448 km||900 miles||782 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Sun 3:10 AM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||WSW|
|Saint George's||Sun 3:10 AM||1561 km||970 miles||843 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Sun 4:10 AM||1611 km||1001 miles||870 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.