Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 07:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 07:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.35 meters/second, 1527.6 km/hour, 949.2 miles/hour or 824.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.82 mi||west||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||south||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.2"||948.95 mi||west||0° 04' 31.9"||5.19 mi||south||949.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 06.4"||748.51 mi||east||2° 12' 54.6"||152.35 mi||south||768.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Sun 3:34 AM||743 km||461 miles||401 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 3:34 AM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Sun 3:34 AM||766 km||476 miles||414 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 3:34 AM||797 km||495 miles||430 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sun 3:34 AM||803 km||499 miles||433 nm||WSW|
|Brades||Sun 3:34 AM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 3:34 AM||820 km||510 miles||443 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Sun 3:34 AM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Sun 3:34 AM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||W|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 3:34 AM||844 km||524 miles||456 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.