Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 11:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 11:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.17 meters/second, 1530.6 km/hour, 951.1 miles/hour or 826.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||South||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 15.6"||950.80 mi||West||0° 04' 53.5"||5.61 mi||South||951.05 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 42.0"||748.38 mi||East||2° 21' 11.9"||161.84 mi||South||770.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan||Sun 4:36 AM||886 km||550 miles||478 nm||NE|
|Puerto Vallarta||Sun 5:36 AM||893 km||555 miles||482 nm||ENE|
|Guadalajara||Sun 5:36 AM||1087 km||675 miles||587 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 4:36 AM||1167 km||725 miles||630 nm||NNE|
|Aguascalientes||Sun 5:36 AM||1221 km||759 miles||660 nm||ENE|
|Leon||Sun 5:36 AM||1266 km||787 miles||684 nm||ENE|
|Chihuahua||Sun 4:36 AM||1327 km||825 miles||717 nm||NNE|
|San Luis Potosi||Sun 5:36 AM||1361 km||846 miles||735 nm||ENE|
|Acapulco||Sun 5:36 AM||1464 km||910 miles||790 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Sun 5:36 AM||1517 km||942 miles||819 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.