Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 2:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 14:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.72 meters/second, 1532.6 km/hour, 952.3 miles/hour or 827.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 17.9"||952.04 mi||West||0° 05' 07.1"||5.87 mi||South||952.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 48.9"||748.35 mi||East||2° 26' 24.1"||167.80 mi||South||771.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Sun 4:10 AM||466 km||289 miles||251 nm||WNW|
|Wailuku||Sun 4:10 AM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||WNW|
|Honolulu||Sun 4:10 AM||796 km||495 miles||430 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:10 AM||1984 km||1233 miles||1071 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Sun 3:10 AM||2908 km||1807 miles||1570 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sun 2:10 AM||3467 km||2154 miles||1872 nm||WSW|
|San Francisco||Sun 6:10 AM||3480 km||2163 miles||1879 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Sun 6:10 AM||3650 km||2268 miles||1971 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:10 AM||3819 km||2373 miles||2062 nm||SW|
|Las Vegas||Sun 6:10 AM||3993 km||2481 miles||2156 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.