Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.81 meters/second, 1532.9 km/hour, 952.5 miles/hour or 827.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 18.1"||952.23 mi||West||0° 05' 09.2"||5.91 mi||South||952.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 40.7"||748.35 mi||East||2° 27' 12.4"||168.72 mi||South||772.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kailua-Kona||Sun 4:34 AM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||NNE|
|Hilo||Sun 4:34 AM||205 km||127 miles||111 nm||NE|
|Wailuku||Sun 4:34 AM||257 km||160 miles||139 nm||N|
|Honolulu||Sun 4:34 AM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:34 AM||1850 km||1149 miles||999 nm||S|
|Midway||Sun 3:34 AM||2370 km||1473 miles||1280 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sun 2:34 AM||2974 km||1848 miles||1606 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:34 AM||3480 km||2163 miles||1879 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Mon 2:34 AM||3690 km||2293 miles||1993 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Mon 2:34 AM||3821 km||2374 miles||2063 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.