Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.26 meters/second, 1534.5 km/hour, 953.5 miles/hour or 828.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||South||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.9"||953.24 mi||West||0° 05' 19.9"||6.11 mi||South||953.51 mi|
|24 hours||348° 36' 00.7"||748.36 mi||West||2° 31' 16.9"||173.39 mi||South||773.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 4:36 AM||766 km||476 miles||413 nm||W|
|Majuro||Mon 4:36 AM||1279 km||795 miles||691 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Sun 5:36 AM||1409 km||875 miles||761 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Mon 4:36 AM||1880 km||1168 miles||1015 nm||S|
|Palikir||Mon 3:36 AM||2123 km||1319 miles||1146 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Mon 4:36 AM||2228 km||1385 miles||1203 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 4:36 AM||2274 km||1413 miles||1228 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Sun 6:36 AM||2977 km||1850 miles||1607 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Mon 4:36 AM||3034 km||1885 miles||1638 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Mon 2:36 AM||3159 km||1963 miles||1706 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.