Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 5:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 17:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.44 meters/second, 1535.2 km/hour, 953.9 miles/hour or 828.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||South||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 20.7"||953.66 mi||West||0° 05' 24.3"||6.19 mi||South||953.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 42.3"||748.37 mi||East||2° 32' 56.5"||175.29 mi||South||773.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 5:26 AM||527 km||327 miles||284 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Mon 4:26 AM||1320 km||820 miles||713 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Mon 5:26 AM||1623 km||1008 miles||876 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Mon 3:26 AM||1897 km||1179 miles||1024 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Mon 5:26 AM||2162 km||1344 miles||1168 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Mon 5:26 AM||2238 km||1390 miles||1208 nm||SE|
|Midway||Sun 6:26 AM||2395 km||1488 miles||1293 nm||ENE|
|Tokyo||Mon 2:26 AM||2902 km||1803 miles||1567 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Mon 4:26 AM||3076 km||1911 miles||1661 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Sun 5:26 AM||3113 km||1934 miles||1681 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.