Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 5:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 17:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 426.52 meters/second, 1535.5 kilometres/hour, 954.1 miles/hour or 829.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||South||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.1"||953.83 mi||West||0° 05' 26.0"||6.23 mi||South||954.10 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 35.6"||748.38 mi||East||2° 33' 36.1"||176.05 mi||South||773.91 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 5:46 AM||1032 km||641 miles||557 nm||E|
|Palikir||Mon 4:46 AM||1265 km||786 miles||683 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Mon 3:46 AM||1407 km||874 miles||759 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Mon 5:46 AM||1999 km||1242 miles||1079 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Mon 5:46 AM||2354 km||1463 miles||1271 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Mon 2:46 AM||2558 km||1589 miles||1381 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Mon 5:46 AM||2564 km||1593 miles||1384 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Mon 2:46 AM||2568 km||1595 miles||1386 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Mon 2:46 AM||2693 km||1673 miles||1454 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Sun 6:46 AM||2844 km||1767 miles||1535 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.