Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 6:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 426.71 meters/second, 1536.2 kilometres/hour, 954.5 miles/hour or 829.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.10 mi||South||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.8"||954.26 mi||West||0° 05' 30.3"||6.31 mi||South||954.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 18.8"||748.40 mi||East||2° 35' 15.1"||177.94 mi||South||774.39 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 4:36 AM||349 km||217 miles||188 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Mon 4:36 AM||525 km||326 miles||283 nm||S|
|Melekeok||Mon 3:36 AM||1620 km||1006 miles||875 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Mon 5:36 AM||1913 km||1189 miles||1033 nm||SE|
|Hamamatsu||Mon 3:36 AM||1957 km||1216 miles||1057 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Mon 3:36 AM||1963 km||1220 miles||1060 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Mon 3:36 AM||1979 km||1230 miles||1069 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Mon 3:36 AM||1984 km||1233 miles||1071 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Mon 3:36 AM||2001 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Mon 3:36 AM||2035 km||1264 miles||1099 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.