Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 7:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 19:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.84 meters/second, 1536.6 km/hour, 954.8 miles/hour or 829.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||South||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.2"||954.55 mi||West||0° 05' 33.3"||6.37 mi||South||954.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 07.5"||748.41 mi||East||2° 36' 22.2"||179.22 mi||South||774.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Colonia||Mon 5:10 AM||971 km||604 miles||524 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Mon 5:10 AM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Mon 4:10 AM||1199 km||745 miles||647 nm||S|
|Quezon||Mon 3:10 AM||1701 km||1057 miles||918 nm||W|
|Davao||Mon 3:10 AM||1709 km||1062 miles||923 nm||SW|
|Manila||Mon 3:10 AM||1712 km||1064 miles||924 nm||W|
|Kumamoto||Mon 4:10 AM||1725 km||1072 miles||931 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Mon 3:10 AM||1735 km||1078 miles||937 nm||WNW|
|Fukuoka||Mon 4:10 AM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||NNW|
|General Santos||Mon 3:10 AM||1820 km||1131 miles||983 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.