Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 20:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 20:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.08 meters/second, 1537.5 km/hour, 955.3 miles/hour or 830.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.92 mi||west||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||south||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 23.2"||955.08 mi||west||0° 05' 38.5"||6.47 mi||south||955.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 47.5"||748.45 mi||east||2° 38' 22.5"||181.51 mi||south||775.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baguio City||Mon 4:10 AM||223 km||138 miles||120 nm||SW|
|Tarlac City||Mon 4:10 AM||313 km||195 miles||169 nm||SSW|
|Mabalacat||Mon 4:10 AM||342 km||212 miles||185 nm||SSW|
|Angeles||Mon 4:10 AM||349 km||217 miles||188 nm||SSW|
|Quezon||Mon 4:10 AM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||SSW|
|Manila||Mon 4:10 AM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||SSW|
|Olongapo||Mon 4:10 AM||392 km||244 miles||212 nm||SSW|
|Makati||Mon 4:10 AM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||SSW|
|Kaohsiung||Mon 4:10 AM||569 km||353 miles||307 nm||NNW|
|Taichung||Mon 4:10 AM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.