Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 5, 2012 at 8:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 5, 2012 at 08:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.04 meters/second, 1548.1 km/hour, 962.0 miles/hour or 835.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||South||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 33.6"||961.72 mi||West||0° 06' 39.1"||7.62 mi||South||962.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 10.0"||749.49 mi||East||3° 01' 19.1"||207.78 mi||South||783.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Mon 4:14 AM||804 km||500 miles||434 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 4:14 AM||879 km||546 miles||475 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Mon 4:14 AM||892 km||554 miles||481 nm||W|
|Roseau||Mon 4:14 AM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||W|
|Castries||Mon 4:14 AM||892 km||555 miles||482 nm||WSW|
|Vieux Fort||Mon 4:14 AM||901 km||560 miles||486 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Mon 4:14 AM||915 km||569 miles||494 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 4:14 AM||921 km||572 miles||497 nm||W|
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Mon 4:14 AM||921 km||572 miles||497 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Mon 4:14 AM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.