Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 5, 2012 at 9:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 5, 2012 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 430.23 meters/second, 1548.8 kilometres/hour, 962.4 miles/hour or 836.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||South||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 34.2"||962.16 mi||West||0° 06' 42.8"||7.70 mi||South||962.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 57.8"||749.60 mi||East||3° 02' 43.6"||209.39 mi||South||783.70 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Christiansted||Mon 5:00 AM||116 km||72 miles||63 nm||NNW|
|The Bottom||Mon 5:00 AM||151 km||94 miles||81 nm||NE|
|Oranjestad (St. Eust.)||Mon 5:00 AM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||ENE|
|Cruz Bay||Mon 5:00 AM||181 km||112 miles||97 nm||NNW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Mon 5:00 AM||182 km||113 miles||98 nm||ENE|
|Charlotte Amalie||Mon 5:00 AM||186 km||116 miles||100 nm||NNW|
|Road Town||Mon 5:00 AM||187 km||116 miles||101 nm||N|
|Charlestown||Mon 5:00 AM||187 km||116 miles||101 nm||ENE|
|Spanish Town||Mon 5:00 AM||187 km||116 miles||101 nm||N|
|Philipsburg||Mon 5:00 AM||197 km||122 miles||106 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.