Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 5, 2012 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 5, 2012 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.73 meters/second, 1554.2 km/hour, 965.7 miles/hour or 839.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||South||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.9"||965.52 mi||West||0° 07' 10.4"||8.22 mi||South||965.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 34.5"||750.61 mi||East||3° 13' 05.1"||221.25 mi||South||787.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 4:44 AM||1223 km||760 miles||660 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:44 AM||1900 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||SW|
|Midway||Mon 3:44 AM||3336 km||2073 miles||1801 nm||WNW|
|San Francisco||Mon 6:44 AM||3447 km||2142 miles||1861 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Mon 6:44 AM||3547 km||2204 miles||1915 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Mon 2:44 AM||3623 km||2252 miles||1957 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Mon 4:44 AM||3726 km||2315 miles||2012 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:44 AM||3831 km||2381 miles||2069 nm||SW|
|Las Vegas||Mon 6:44 AM||3902 km||2425 miles||2107 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Mon 7:44 AM||4015 km||2495 miles||2168 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.