Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 5, 2012 at 3:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 5, 2012 at 15:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.95 meters/second, 1555.0 kilometres/hour, 966.2 miles/hour or 839.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 39.5"||966.01 mi||West||0° 07' 14.4"||8.30 mi||South||966.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 23.6"||750.78 mi||East||3° 14' 33.7"||222.94 mi||South||788.60 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 5:34 AM||621 km||386 miles||335 nm||NNE|
|Wailuku||Mon 5:34 AM||640 km||398 miles||345 nm||NNE|
|Hilo||Mon 5:34 AM||641 km||399 miles||346 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:34 AM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||S|
|Midway||Mon 4:34 AM||2263 km||1406 miles||1222 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Mon 3:34 AM||2537 km||1577 miles||1370 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:34 AM||3077 km||1912 miles||1661 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Tue 3:34 AM||3297 km||2048 miles||1780 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 3:34 AM||3398 km||2112 miles||1835 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 5:34 AM||3555 km||2209 miles||1920 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.