Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 5, 2012 at 5:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 5, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.49 meters/second, 1556.9 km/hour, 967.4 miles/hour or 840.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.12 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||South||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 40.9"||967.22 mi||West||0° 07' 24.0"||8.48 mi||South||967.55 mi|
|24 hours||348° 43' 01.1"||751.24 mi||West||3° 18' 07.8"||227.02 mi||South||790.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 5:36 AM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||NW|
|Kwajalein||Tue 5:36 AM||842 km||523 miles||455 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Tue 5:36 AM||961 km||597 miles||519 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 5:36 AM||1605 km||997 miles||867 nm||S|
|Palikir||Tue 4:36 AM||1683 km||1045 miles||909 nm||SW|
|Midway||Mon 6:36 AM||1845 km||1147 miles||996 nm||NE|
|Yaren||Tue 5:36 AM||1850 km||1150 miles||999 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 5:36 AM||2222 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 3:36 AM||2808 km||1745 miles||1516 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 5:36 AM||2842 km||1766 miles||1535 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.