Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 5, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 5, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.49 meters/second, 1557.0 km/hour, 967.5 miles/hour or 840.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.12 mi||west||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||south||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 40.9"||967.23 mi||west||0° 07' 24.1"||8.48 mi||south||967.56 mi|
|24 hours||348° 43' 01.3"||751.24 mi||west||3° 18' 09.7"||227.06 mi||south||790.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 5:36 AM||562 km||350 miles||304 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Tue 5:36 AM||955 km||593 miles||516 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 5:36 AM||1610 km||1000 miles||869 nm||S|
|Palikir||Tue 4:36 AM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Tue 5:36 AM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Mon 6:36 AM||1864 km||1158 miles||1006 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Mon 5:36 AM||2241 km||1392 miles||1210 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 3:36 AM||2779 km||1727 miles||1501 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 5:36 AM||2852 km||1772 miles||1540 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Tue 4:36 AM||3016 km||1874 miles||1629 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.