Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 5, 2012 at 19:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 5, 2012 at 19:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.91 meters/second, 1558.5 km/hour, 968.4 miles/hour or 841.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.14 mi||west||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||south||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 42.1"||968.24 mi||west||0° 07' 31.3"||8.62 mi||south||968.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 40.8"||751.68 mi||east||3° 20' 52.9"||230.19 mi||south||791.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Tue 5:10 AM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||W|
|Hagåtña||Tue 5:10 AM||392 km||244 miles||212 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 6:10 AM||1489 km||925 miles||804 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Tue 4:10 AM||1680 km||1044 miles||907 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Tue 7:10 AM||2054 km||1276 miles||1109 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Tue 4:10 AM||2144 km||1332 miles||1158 nm||SSW|
|Yokohama||Tue 4:10 AM||2345 km||1457 miles||1266 nm||NNW|
|Manokwari||Tue 4:10 AM||2356 km||1464 miles||1272 nm||SW|
|Tokyo||Tue 4:10 AM||2369 km||1472 miles||1279 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Tue 4:10 AM||2425 km||1507 miles||1309 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.