Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 5, 2012 at 7:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 5, 2012 at 19:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.01 meters/second, 1558.8 km/hour, 968.6 miles/hour or 841.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||South||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 42.3"||968.40 mi||West||0° 07' 33.1"||8.65 mi||South||968.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 36.7"||751.72 mi||East||3° 21' 32.5"||230.92 mi||South||791.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Tue 5:34 AM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||SE|
|Saipan||Tue 5:34 AM||388 km||241 miles||209 nm||E|
|Melekeok||Tue 4:34 AM||1208 km||750 miles||652 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 6:34 AM||1989 km||1236 miles||1074 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Tue 4:34 AM||2002 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Tue 4:34 AM||2018 km||1254 miles||1090 nm||SSW|
|Yokohama||Tue 4:34 AM||2223 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||N|
|Osaka||Tue 4:34 AM||2224 km||1382 miles||1201 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Tue 4:34 AM||2236 km||1390 miles||1208 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Tue 4:34 AM||2240 km||1392 miles||1210 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.