Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 5, 2012 at 8:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 5, 2012 at 20:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.13 meters/second, 1559.3 km/hour, 968.9 miles/hour or 841.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||South||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 42.7"||968.66 mi||West||0° 07' 35.1"||8.69 mi||South||968.99 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 32.1"||751.83 mi||East||3° 22' 17.1"||231.78 mi||South||792.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Tue 5:00 AM||890 km||553 miles||481 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Tue 6:00 AM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||ESE|
|Davao||Tue 4:00 AM||1452 km||902 miles||784 nm||SW|
|General Santos||Tue 4:00 AM||1559 km||969 miles||842 nm||SW|
|Quezon||Tue 4:00 AM||1593 km||990 miles||860 nm||W|
|Manila||Tue 4:00 AM||1603 km||996 miles||865 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Tue 5:00 AM||1816 km||1128 miles||980 nm||S|
|Taipei||Tue 4:00 AM||1835 km||1140 miles||991 nm||NW|
|Manado||Tue 4:00 AM||1962 km||1219 miles||1060 nm||SW|
|Kumamoto||Tue 5:00 AM||1991 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.