Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 5, 2012 at 20:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 5, 2012 at 20:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.22 meters/second, 1559.6 km/hour, 969.1 miles/hour or 842.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.15 mi||west||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||south||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 42.9"||968.94 mi||west||0° 07' 36.7"||8.72 mi||south||969.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 28.5"||751.98 mi||east||3° 22' 53.3"||232.48 mi||south||792.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cebu City||Tue 4:20 AM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||SW|
|Melekeok||Tue 5:20 AM||972 km||604 miles||525 nm||SSE|
|Bacolod||Tue 4:20 AM||994 km||618 miles||537 nm||WSW|
|Quezon||Tue 4:20 AM||1045 km||649 miles||564 nm||W|
|Manila||Tue 4:20 AM||1052 km||653 miles||568 nm||W|
|Davao||Tue 4:20 AM||1079 km||670 miles||583 nm||SSW|
|General Santos||Tue 4:20 AM||1195 km||743 miles||645 nm||SSW|
|Taipei||Tue 4:20 AM||1438 km||894 miles||777 nm||NW|
|Hagåtña||Tue 6:20 AM||1525 km||948 miles||823 nm||E|
|Manado||Tue 4:20 AM||1671 km||1038 miles||902 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.