Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 12:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 00:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.36 meters/second, 1563.7 km/hour, 971.6 miles/hour or 844.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.19 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||South||16.19 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.6"||971.42 mi||West||0° 07' 56.1"||9.09 mi||South||971.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 50.3"||753.16 mi||East||3° 30' 04.0"||240.68 mi||South||796.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mumbai||Tue 6:06 AM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||NE|
|Vasai-Virar||Tue 6:06 AM||646 km||401 miles||349 nm||NE|
|Pune||Tue 6:06 AM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||NE|
|Hubballi||Tue 6:06 AM||659 km||410 miles||356 nm||E|
|Mangaluru||Tue 6:06 AM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||ESE|
|Surat||Tue 6:06 AM||806 km||501 miles||435 nm||NNE|
|Anantapur||Tue 6:06 AM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||E|
|Vadodara||Tue 6:06 AM||933 km||580 miles||504 nm||NNE|
|Bengaluru||Tue 6:06 AM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||ESE|
|Ahmedabad||Tue 6:06 AM||977 km||607 miles||528 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.