Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, October 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 434.62 meters/second, 1564.6 kilometres/hour, 972.2 miles/hour or 844.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||South||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.2"||972.01 mi||West||0° 08' 00.4"||9.17 mi||South||972.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 43.3"||753.47 mi||East||3° 31' 40.2"||242.51 mi||South||796.85 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hadibu||Tue 4:34 AM||253 km||157 miles||137 nm||SSW|
|Salalah||Tue 5:34 AM||269 km||167 miles||145 nm||NNW|
|Al Mukalla||Tue 4:34 AM||631 km||392 miles||341 nm||W|
|Bosaso||Tue 4:34 AM||736 km||457 miles||397 nm||WSW|
|Nizwa||Tue 5:34 AM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||NNE|
|Muscat||Tue 5:34 AM||1051 km||653 miles||567 nm||NNE|
|Abu Dhabi||Tue 5:34 AM||1080 km||671 miles||583 nm||N|
|Aden||Tue 4:34 AM||1097 km||682 miles||593 nm||W|
|Sana||Tue 4:34 AM||1160 km||721 miles||626 nm||W|
|Dubai||Tue 5:34 AM||1167 km||725 miles||630 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.